Paul McCartney nabbed a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame Thursday, the last of The Beatles quartet to receive the honor.
“Way back in history, in Liverpool when we were kids … I would have never thought that the day would come when I would get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame,” he told the cheering crowd gathered to witness the unveiling.
McCartney, who has had a successful solo career since his Beatles days, received the recognition after his bandmates Ringo Starr, the late George Harrison and the late John Lennon all previously landed Hollywood stars.
The band itself even has a star on the Hollywood Boulevard strip, outside the Capitol Records building in downtown Los Angeles.
Dressed casually in jeans, a black jacket and his classic shades, the 69-year-old said Thursday he “couldn’t have done it without three boys … John, George and Ringo,” and added thanks to his supportive family.
McCartney’s new bride, third wife Nancy Shevell, and his son James, 34, were in attendance at the afternoon ceremony.
The English rocker was nominated to receive the star in 1993 but scheduling conflicts prevented him from attending until this year.
He is in Los Angeles in advance of his performance at the 54th annual Grammy Awards Sunday.