Pop superstar Lady Gaga was left shocked after an enthusiastic fan stormed past security outside a London hotel in a bid to get closer to the singer.
Scores of adoring fans have been camping outside London’s The Langham hotel, where the Poker Face hitmaker has been staying during her promotional trip to the U.K.
However, the star was left shaken last week when one fan managed to get past barriers and two of Gaga’s security guards in a bid to greet the star.
Other guards were able to stop the unnamed girl and have since blacklisted her from the hotel.
A source tells Britain’s Sunday Mirror newspaper, “A girl ran in front of the barriers straight at Gaga. One of her bodyguards held out his arm to stop her, but she ran past him and Gaga’s other guard. It looked like she hit the first guy and tried to get to Gaga. Her security were very angry.
“They told the girl she was being blacklisted from the hotel and that Gaga would use the back of the hotel if she turned up. She appeared on Monday and was instructed to leave.”
The incident was filmed by a bystander and was later posted on YouTube.com.
Talk about a full frontal facepalm. Lady Gaga fancies herself a performance artist, so it’s not too surprising to hear news of the pop star doing something crazy in the name of art. But performing completely naked on stage? That’s a new one… even for Gaga.
Mother Monster performed a surprise set at London nightclub G-A-Y this past weekend. Singing her new song “Venus,” Gaga started the show dressed up as a ghost… but soon after stripped down to just her birthday suit.
Comedian Matt Lucas tweeted after the show: “Just saw Lady Gaga do a surprise set at G-A-Y… All agreed it was impressive but we’re staying gay.” Fair enough.
Gaga’s performance was definitely racy, but is it the most R-rated on-stage performance of all time?
Lady Gaga arrived in London this Friday night after spending two days in Berlin to host herARTPOP Listening Party. She is set to perform two songs this Sunday on The X Factor, rumored to be her new single ‘Do What U Want’ and ‘Venus’. Many interviews are scheduled too including the UK favorite, The Graham Norton Show, which airs November 8th.
Need more Lady G? See here!
Cher says being famous has ruined her social life.
The ‘Believe’ singer claims her superstar status has robbed her of her freedom and she wishes she could go out in public without people hounding her.
She told the Daily Mirror newspaper: “I don’t remember the last time I went out. I am not happy. I like being an artist and really like being creative but I love my freedom too. However that’s one thing I have lost.”
The 67-year-old star – who first shot to fame in 1965 aged 19 – especially misses visiting her favorite tourist hotspots in London, insisting that wearing a disguise wouldn’t help her plight.
Cher said: “I would love to just go to the Victoria and Albert Museum and wander around the exhibitions. It’s one of my favorite places but I just can’t.
“I lived in London twice and loved walking around the city. But not now. It’s hard for me to wear a disguise because people have seen me in every hair color and style imaginable. Everyone’s got a phone camera as well.”
The mother-of-two – who has a son, Chaz, who underwent a sex change to become a man in 2010 – with her late ex-husband Sonny Bono, and son Elijah with ex-husband Gregg Allman – is hoping Elijah will help her fulfill her lifelong dream of becoming a grandmother.
She sighed: “I really would like to be one. It would be so great to have the fun part and then send the child home. I’m hoping Elijah may help on that front.”
(London)—Prince William and wife Kate Middleton along with their new born son Prince George are set to move into their home at Kensington Palace this week after a 1.5 million pounds overhaul of the property.
But as workmen put the finishing touches to the renovations that lasted for two years, the couple are returning to London to start family life in their first “proper” home.
“They can’t wait. They are so looking forward to getting the place how they want it and being settled,” a friend was quoted as saying by the Daily Express.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are to move into the four-storey 20-room apartment 1A, which once belonged to Princess Margaret, Queen Elizabeth II’s sister who died in 2002.
The palace apartment has five reception rooms, three main bedrooms, dressing rooms and bathrooms, a night and day nursery, staff bedrooms and ancillary rooms.
Queen star Roger Taylor has dismissed critics who accuse the makers of West End musical We Will Rock You of sullying the band’s history, insisting front man Freddie Mercury would have adored the show.
Taylor and his band mate Brian May worked on the production with scriptwriter Ben Elton, but it was met with a slew of bad reviews after it opened in 2002.
However, it proved popular with theatre audiences, going on to become one of the West End’s star attractions, and other versions of the musical have since been staged in countries all over the world.
Taylor is adamant Mercury would have loved the flamboyant show, and his only complaint would have been the size of the imposing statue of himself outside London’s Dominion Theatre, which hosts the production.
Drummer Taylor tells Mojo magazine, “Oh, he would have loved it, but he’d have thought that the statue wasn’t big enough – ‘Not big enough darling!’ People who think he’d be turning in his grave about We Will Rock You just don’t get him.”
Ozzy Osbourne almost set fire to his home when frying bacon this week.
The 64-year-old Black Sabbath rocker tried to make a breakfast sandwich at his Beverly Hills, California, mansion on Wednesday and nearly burned down the property for a second time this year.
Supposedly Ozzy was too dazed to pay full attention while cooking.
‘Ozzy has just got back from four months abroad on tour, and was still a little jet-lagged and disorientated,’ a source told British newspaper The Mirror.
‘Shortly before bedtime, he went to make himself a little snack. Unfortunately, when frying the bacon, he managed to set light to the pan and triggered the smoke alarm.’
His wife Sharon was in the UK filming The X Factor at the time and she took to Twitter to lament over the accident immediately after it happened: ‘I’m in London, @OfficialOzzy is in LA making a bacon sandwich last night and the fire brigade ended up at our house!!’
But luckily emergency authorities were on the scene quickly to assist.
‘Because the Osbournes’ alarm system is so advanced, and Ozzy has form for this kind of thing, an alert was immediately sent to the LAFD ‘ and officers were dispatched,’ the source detailed.
‘Ozzy was mortified when he realised the fuss he’d caused and apologised profusely to the fire crew. He has promised to be more careful, and less gung ho, in future.’
Ozzy and Sharon suffered another fire scare in January.
After the couple fell asleep before extinguishing a candle which exploded in its glass vase and sparked a small fire in their living room, Ozzy singed his hair and injured his hand while trying to put out the blaze.
Authorities arrived to rescue the couple in time and Sharon, 60, told TMZ shortly after the accident she would be banning candles from the home.
Council bosses in Leeds, England have apologized after Bruce Springsteen’s tour trucks were given parking tickets.
The Boss headed to the city to play for thousands of fans at Leeds Arena on Wednesday night, but drivers of his stage equipment landed in hot water with traffic wardens, who issued fines for parking their vehicles on a side street near the venue.
Council leader Keith Wakefield has now apologized for the move and has revoked the tickets.
He says, “It was somebody being a little bit stupid and zealous. It is an awareness thing. The lorries are supposed to park off-site and then be called into the arena.”
A homeless man is facing up to 10 years behind bars after pleading guilty to making threats against the life of British royal Prince Harry.
Ashraf Islam, 30, was arrested on May 23 after walking into a west London police station and launching into the menacing tirade – a day after the country was rocked by the murder of 25-year-old Army drummer Lee Rigby, who was brutally hacked to death by an Islamic radical in Woolwich, south east London.
Islam appeared before a judge in Uxbridge Magistrates Court on May 25. He is currently being held in custody awaiting sentencing.
A representative for Prince Harry, a second lieutenant in the British Army who has served two tours in Afghanistan, has declined to comment on the arrest.